Online Student Experience
A Supportive, Hands-On Program
The SocialWork@Simmons program has been carefully designed so you not only receive a rigorous social work education but also build lasting relationships with your classmates, professors, and the broader Simmons community — all without relocating.
Every opportunity you have to laugh, share, and grow with your peers and professors puts you one step closer to becoming a capable, reflective social worker who will uphold Simmons’ core values of social justice and equality.
Attend Intimate, Live Sessions
The cornerstone of the SocialWork@Simmons program is weekly seminar-style classes, which give you a safe and supportive place to discuss social work concepts with a diverse group of classmates and faculty. In our face-to-face classroom, you will:
- Talk directly with your professors, who are dedicated, distinguished clinicians.
- Discuss key concepts with your peers in a classroom with an average of 15 students.
- Experience a completely new way to learn online, with support from a community invested in your success.
You will also develop close connections with your classmates, learning to recognize them not only by their faces but also by their unique backgrounds, worldviews, and ideas.
Complete Engaging Online Coursework
SocialWork@Simmons faculty have translated their thought-provoking, on-campus lectures into unique, online coursework. As a student, you will learn key concepts by watching videos and recorded lectures, taking real-time quizzes, and completing other activities.
Each assignment prepares you for your weekly, face-to-face classes so you can come prepared to share your thoughts and questions about concepts that will shape your practice. All course content can be accessed 24/7 via the web and a mobile app.
Use Online Tools To Build Relationships
The SocialWork@Simmons online campus offers quick and easy ways to communicate with classmates and professors while making lasting connections with people who will support you through graduation and beyond. Our intuitive communication tools make it simple to schedule one-on-one time with faculty during online office hours and form study groups with other students. You can even set up social groups based on interest and location.
Empower Your Community During Clinical Placements
The SocialWork@Simmons clinical experience enables you to build real-world skills without leaving your community. You will receive dedicated, personalized support throughout the process of finding and completing a Simmons-approved placement.
- Work with a clinical field specialist who will identify a suitable placement with one of Simmons’ clinical partner sites near your home.
- Receive constructive feedback on your skill development from a caring and qualified clinician who will supervise your direct work with clients.
- Meet with a field liaison who will monitor your progress and make sure you are on track to graduate and reach your professional goals.
Shape Simmons’ Unique Culture
At Simmons College, every student plays a vital role in shaping our culture and maintaining our standards for social work excellence. You will have many opportunities to make your voice heard as a member of our engaging and inclusive community.
- Attend meetings or act as a cohort representative to the Student Advisory Board, which confers with the program administration on matters related to curriculum, faculty, and community interests.
- Become a peer mentor, join an existing affinity group, or help create a new affinity group for students who share your interests.
- Share your experiences with other students after you graduate during our alumni webinar series.
Join Our Progressive, Inclusive Community
SocialWork@Simmons students receive the full Simmons School of Social Work experience through engaging coursework and deep connections to a supportive, active, and caring community of students and faculty. As an online student, you will graduate with a lasting support system of classmates and professors who will encourage you as you pursue licensure and begin professional practice.
Are you ready to join our community of social workers who are changing lives nationwide?